Thursday, June 12, 2008

Today...

...is one of those days in which I felt completely achieved and satisfied and successful and accomplished.

(She's going to launch into semi-nerd technical jabber with some jargons so please ignore her if you don't understand it)

First of all, I've managed to work myself around with layers and the rectangular marquee tool and the free transform functions some other stuffs in Adobe Photoshop CS3. But that's not the main reason I'm feeling so accomplished.

Secondly, I've managed to solve this trouble for the bootable version of Windows XP where the installation of the OS is unable to recognize my SATA hard disk. I solved this problem by getting XP with the latest Service Pack 3 and the SATA FDD driver (.inf file) and slipstreamed (yes I've just learned this term recently, not even my dad heard of it *smug* it sounds so nice isn't it?) the driver into this bootable version of XP by using nLite (I LOVE this freeware).

THAT is the main reason I felt so smug and accomplished.

And then, when I slipped the bootable CD in and load it --- Voilà!!! Finally XP installation managed to recognize my SATA hard disk.

After that, for the first time in my life, I've completely set up not one, but TWO operating system on my new lappie independently without anyone's help.

Not to mention breaking down former partitions, rebuild my new partitions and format the hard disks the way I like it before I install the two OS (I did this in XP installation).

And after launching XP successfully, I proceed to install my Vista single-handedly. ヾ( ´ー`)

I felt so spiritually complete I need to jot this down somehow so that later on I can reread it XD.

Yvonne..

No comments: