Thursday, June 12, 2008

As Promised

Let me present the stinky tofu (臭豆腐) and char kueh (炒煎糕) to you.

Stinky Tofu (臭豆腐)


This, is the legendary stinky tofu. No it's not just the name. It IS stinky. A popular street snack in Hong Kong and China, stinky and ever-so-popular. Best with preserved cabbage and super spicy chili sauce. Also best served hot. Crispy and hard on the outside, white and soft on the inside. For first timers, it is recommended that you eat this while pinching your nose.


Char Kueh (炒煎糕)


I love this A LOT. It looks un-appetizing but it's super delicious. The cubes you saw in this are steamed white kueh. These cubed white kueh is wok-fried with egg, beansprouts and preserved white carrot. Some (like me) prefer it most when chili paste is added into the mixture during the fry. Yummy!

(Although I just had it, I'm salivating again when I look at the pictures XD).

Yvonne..

No comments: