Saturday, June 14, 2008

Gakuen Heaven Review


Okay, if you know what type of genre Gakuen Heaven is categorized under, don't say anything. I know very well what I've watched this time *sweat*. So! Umm... where to start? Alright, let's start this off with how I've bought this anime in the first place. I bought this anime last year when I was still kind of a newbie in the anime world. And that time, I saw this anime and I thought that the art was kind of good, plus I've looked it up in anime news network and the anime seemed fine to me. And so I bought it and it sat in my room for more than one year (I think) before I got it out recently to watch it.

Then, I realized --- it's yaoi O______O. And I have no idea it's yaoi until I watch it! Seriously! When I bought this anime I don't even know what's yaoi and yuri for goodness sake, let alone recognizing one. So don't look at me with that look. XD. Anyway, I think this is the first time I'm watching a yaoi anime and reviewing one (I was wondering if I should even write a review on it *sweat*). So here I am, keeping to my promise by reviewing every anime I've watched since the establishment of this blog. But to tell the truth say you're looking for an anime full of hot guys, this is a good choice LOL.

First of all, artwork. The artwork is pretty nice, except that the animation is less...smooth. The whole thing seems very hard and lifeless. Plus there are a lot of unmoving moments. So much that I can notice that fact. But the character designs are quite good. Actually in my opinion, Kazuki should be the main character instead of Keita. Keita reminds me annoyingly of Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi, you know, red hair, big eyes, pathetic traits and all. Keita is basically the male version of Miaka. XD. Kazuki will be a much better main character than him. =__=ll.

And what sends me to giggles is the name of the school. The school name is [B]ell [L]iberty High School. Get what I mean? XD. This must be the creator's personal joke. Anyway, the content of this anime is highly implausible. I mean, this is a school right? And yet I've seen these characters running around the school doing things OTHER THAN studies. They didn't seem to have classes to go to. I only saw Keita attending his class ONCE. Other characters, NONE. And Keita even let Naruse (who is a total stranger to him that time) to kiss him without any defense!

Kissing and hugging scenes aside, the characters are all real hotties. My personal pick would be Matsuoka Jin and Shinomiya Koji. Ah~ such hotties *fantasize* XD. And how in the world 50% of the time my hotties end up to be the bad guys? Something's seriously wrong with me. No matter, let me get back to the topic. Did I mention that the creator loves to create yaoi-imagination inducing stuff? But in the end it's not even the real thing XD. Plus you know what? There is not even one female in this anime. Unbelievable? Watch it for yourself XD.

In this anime I would like to bring attention to this character - Umino Satochi sensei. Although he's supposed to be the oldest character in the anime, yet he looks the youngest of all. And he looks like a female in addition. And the part where he yanked open the thick metal door in one of the episodes made me go laughing non-stop. Oh yeah there is also the "ultimate" kissing of the two main characters in the last episode *sweat*. But somehow I've expected that so I wasn't really O___O kind of surprised.

I don't really have any comments for the soundtrack and the theme songs of this anime. So no rating is given for that.

For the anime, the rating will be 5.8 out of 10. Artwork is good but lifeless, storyline slightly pointless, normal soundtrack and theme songs. I don't recommend this anime but if say you're curious of how a yaoi anime should be then maybe you can have a go. And according to wiki, this is actually a PC game gradually expanded to include three PlayStation 2 games, drama cds, manga and anime. OTL. I can't believe this. Anyway, that's it for Gakuen Heaven review. I'm going to stop watching new animes for the moment and catch up a bit on my Detective Conan. I miss Kudo Shinichi already. XD.

Yvonne..

No comments: