Tuesday, June 10, 2008

She Reminds Me of...


...Ayumi Hamasaki.

Her name is Kanon Wakeshima (分島花音).

Anime addicts will know that she's the one who did the ending theme song for Vampire Knight, "still doll", which is also the her debut in the musical world.

According to wikipedia, she has played the cello since she was three years old and by the age of fifteen she had participated in a number of joint concerts and classical music performances.

Now, she is signed by DefSTAR Records, under Sony.

Her debut's is categorized in the neoclassical/dark ambient genre. Dark, yummy, me likes.

Take a look at her first PV, "still doll" by Kanon Wakeshima.



Man, she really really resembles Ayumi Hamasaki a whole lot. The look I mean.

But I kind of like her voice, unique and dark enough to convince me.

Although I have to say, the music industry is running out of original ideas or something?? I think this is the umpteeth times I've watch female artists trying to imitate themselves as some life-sized dolls. Really, a lot of times, whether it's in the chinese music industry or the japanese music industry.

Oh well whatever.

Shocking news is, she is produced by Mana, one of the members of Malize Mizer (=____=llll)...Sweat...

And guess what? She's only NINETEEN this year.

So yeah, that's two shocking news I guess.

I can't wait to criticize her next performance.

Yvonne..

No comments: