Saturday, May 17, 2008

Trinity Blood Review


Another anime down! Trinity Blood, an anime in which the main character of it is a vampire who feeds on another vampire's blood, also known as Crusnik, Abel Nightroad. But before you read this please be warned! Spoilers ahead!

The one impressive point of this anime is its amazingly beautiful artwork. The setting, character designs, costumes, buildings, and everything are so detailed and pretty it's a feast for us anime addicts. But the normal, unfocused storyline is a rather letdown. The lack of suspense in the anime made me finish this ever so slowly.

However, I love how the creator straightaway get to the point of the story in the beginning without wasting any time like how Blood+ didn't. The introduction to the characters and forces (Rosencruez Orden and AX) is splendid, highlighting each force's strengths and weaknesses. Although some may find the way Abel need to chant a bit ("Crusnik 02, restriction released to 40% blah blah blah") as kind of weird, but to me, it's totally cool in its own way. I mean, it made me actually looking forward to the Abel transforming scene like a puppy everytime. LOL.

Trinity Blood, no doubt, is one of the most religious and historical anime I've ever watched. Seriously, the European history element is so thick, I thought I was watching a documentary anime. XD. Not to mention all those historical items and personae such as Methuselah, pope, vampires, churches and so on. For the DVD I bought, the subbers even kindly insert informations on European history so that watchers get a clearer picture on what is happening in the anime. So you can guess how heavy the anime is based on that statement.

But, one thing about this anime is that somehow the ending is so rush and I felt like the creator's trying to cut it off hastily or something like that. The ending made me rate the anime down. A lot, in fact. In addition, the second main character of this anime, Esther Blanchett, is somewhat annoying to me. I don't know, maybe it's just me, usually I just don't like this type of Esther Blanchett type of character, whether it's in real life or anime (this girl is beginning to mix up reality and anime XD).

One question that I kept struggling with myself is this "Should Abel Nightroad be loved and placed in my hottie list??" XDXDXD. Well, I admit, Abel is a great person, but somehow... I just can't feel the chemistry with him (as if I have to pick someone from the anime to get married with XD). I *think*, if Abel Nightroad can get his glasses off, he'll be a total uber hottie, somehow that pair of glasses of his turned me off so badly lol (because usually to me glasses are a turn-on). Of course, Abel's death in episode 23 is a total surprise to me, what with him being a main character and all (I told you, spoiler).

Another pleasant surprise in this anime is that I found out that Seth the cute little girl turned out to be a Crusnik!! I was so thrilled to see more and more surprises from that cute girl! Plus, the mature factor on her made her all the more adorable without any effort. Heehee. And I love how she phrase her first sentence to Abel "It's been 900 years isn't it? Abel-niisan." orz~~ I mean, that 900 years thing coming out of a little girl's mouth is somewhat creepy to me, in a way. LOL. Cain, hmm, somehow, that supposed-to-be-grand-villain didn't seem to make all that much of an impression on me. But didn't anybody noticed he looked a lot like Hugue and Virgil Walsh??? XD.

And talk about Hugue de Watteau and Virgil Walsh, these two are my top-voted hotties in this anime. No doubt. I love Hugue's air of confidence and Virgil's soft appearance. If there's any chance I can combine these two together...ヾ(≧Д≦)ノ!! And you know what?? Ion Fortuna in this anime reminded me of Shou!! But of course, he's cute in his own way as well. His fond for Esther is so cute, I keep shouting "可愛い!! 可愛い!!" to myself when I look at this couple. And look at how Ion's trying to confess his fond in episode 15!! Aww~~ *hugs Ion like mad*~~ XD~

Somehow, Dietrich in this anime looks 80% like Raito from the anime Death Note. The clothes they wear, the face, the hairstyle. =__=ll. This is what happens when you watch animes up to a certain extend, the characters start to overlap themselves XDXDXD (as if I've watched a lot of anime XDXD). And can I say Brother Petros's personality is so cute?? Rough on the outside, but soft as jelly on the inside. Real sweetheart~ And I also love the part where Leon Gracia shout "俺はお爺さんじゃない!!" to the kids when they called him ojiisan XD. And oh how can I forget to mention Catherina Sforza (I totally heart her surname, Sforza, so unique), pretty impressive woman, but actually I was expecting some sort of physical power from this woman. Sadly, my expectations were disappointed T__T.

The soundtracks used in this anime is good and fitting. The ending theme song, Broken Wings, is pretty as well. Piano version of Broken Wings used for some parts in this anime is also lovely. Overall, I'd give a rating of 7.8 out of 10 for the soundtracks and theme songs of the anime.

As for the anime, I think the rating will be 6.7 out of 10. Well, the artwork is great, but without an exciting storyline, the balance between the artwork and the storyline is destroyed. And the lack of suspense, not to mention the annoying Esther (personal grudge XD). But actually, it's a great anime if you wanna learn about the ancient European history. Seriously, I knew nothing about Methuselah and Albion until I watch this anime. So go ahead, watch it!

So one more heavy anime down. Next will be...*random pick again* Ah My Goddess!! I'm on my way!

Yvonne..

No comments: