Friday, May 16, 2008

A Good Japanese Meal

Just now, I went to 夏日の日本料理 (Kajitsu no Nihon Ryouri) for dinner ☆ ~

I ordered a Ten Zaru Bento set.

The main attraction is that chilled soba noodles with shredded nori (also known as zaru soba).

First time eating chilled soba noodles. b(^^)d~~

When the bento came I was mildly surprised at the large bento box *laughs*.

Of course, I wouldn't forget to take a photo ^^.


Click on photo for a larger clear photo! Go ahead!

Now, let me introduce one by one.
  1. The Legendary Chilled Zaru Soba (蕎麦) - Soba (Japanese noodles made of buckwheat flour), served chilled with ice cubes, with some nori (seaweed) sprinkled on top. Very healthy, cold, and quite an unique flavour (well to me anyway XD).
  2. TENPURA (天麩羅)! - I believe most of you know what is tenpura so I don't have to explain. I got 4 pieces - 2 ebi (prawn) tenpura, 1 ladyfinger tenpura and 1 brinjal tenpura. Dipped in a light soya sauce, ultimate pleasure. Am a fan of tenpura forever!
  3. CHAWANMUSHI (茶碗蒸し)! - Steamed egg with chicken meat, shredded ladyfinger, slices of fishcakes (kamaboko) and so on. I don't know how to describe it's heavenly texture.
  4. Mixed Veggie Salad - Appetizing dressing. No irritable vegetables. Not bad.
  5. Miso (味噌) Soup - Inside there's tofu, some nori, and others. Okay okay.
  6. Unknown appetizer with mini egg - Heehee... I came back, did some research, and realized that the raw egg, garlic mash, wasabi and the chopped onions were supposed to go with the soba. Next time I must do my homework before going for other orderings of Japanese courses so that I'll know what to do with those cute things like that mini egg. XDXDXD.
The chef was so polite, he actually brought out the tray personally himself and placed it in front of us. Service 10/10.

The food...I give high marks for the soba, tenpura and chawanmushi...so it will be 7/10. The miso soup was a let-down.

And I was SO FULL after finishing that bento. Seriously, it's really just enough for a person. It's as if the bento was tailor-made for my stomach capacity LOL.

I just want more tenpura. TENPURA, WANTED!! XDXDXD~~

That's it for now.

ヾ( ´ー`)

Yvonne..

No comments: