Monday, April 7, 2008

Rebuts to the rebuttals XD.

The following is the rebuts from yours truly to the rebuttals supposed to be rebuttals to my post concerning this topic.

SO. What you're saying is, rich people also have a right to claim a part of the scholarship fund and thus leaving less part of scholarship for the needy ones right? Wait, just read this whole thing first before you gimme some more rebuts. There're three kinds of scholarship applicant you see:

1. The rich and good in studies
2. The poor and good in studies
3. The rich and bad in studies
4. The poor and bad in studies

Automatically, the no. 3s and no.4s are eliminated. That goes without saying. So, that leaves us the rich and the needy ones who are good in studies. I'm sure that under the situation the management will put no.2 to the first, AND I AM QUITE CERTAIN THAT the number of student which fits into category no.2 is more than the number of student which fits into category no.1 in the scholarship application process. That is, according to logic. But what puzzles me the most is that, why the rich ones still wanna go for it? No harm trying? Are you sure no harm at all? Or just no harm to the rich people only? I'm not discriminating the rich here. I'm just saying that scholarship is an opportunity that comes maybe once in a lifetime. Do you realize what that stands for someone who's poor? That scholarship represented his/her education and possibly the most optimum bright future that the person might achieve. But a scholarship to a rich one? It's just to reduce what him/her have to pay for that education for the same bright future.

Without that scholarship?

1. For the rich ones: Well, sure, since I'm rich, and I have to have a bright future anyway, I'll just pay the full sum, nevermind the scholarship.
2. For the needy ones: Well... what else can I do? It's the only chance and now I can't get it. I might as well start working now and gain some money and start to support my family. Nevermind the education. I just simply can't afford it.

Do you see what's the difference here? One just lost the scholarship. While the other possibly lost his/her ENTIRE FURTHER EDUCATION. Think about it, man, think about it.

And I'm not even counting in the factors of corruption here. Do you realize that some of the rich ones NOT ONLY fight for the chance with the needy ones for the scholarship, they EVEN try to duck here and there, produce some ridiculous false monthly payment slip just so that they're income in the scholarship management database can be decrease and thus they're eligible for the scholarship? I'm not creating stories here. How the heck can the family income be lower than 3000 every month and still can afford that Mercedes latest series?? I can't think of any answers to that. Unless you wanna tell me that they robbed the showroom or got the car as a "gift" from some relatives. Please. Do you simply send a Mercedes to your relatives as a gift? See? There goes.

And do you know what else bullshit I heard from one of the rich ones the other day??

"To be honest, this jpa scholarship's pretty troublesome anyway."

You know, I could've just punch the person right there and then. I don't care. I'm too mad already. I mean, what do you demand actually? The scholarship handed to you on a silver platter and you just sign the thing and tell the whole world that "Hey! I'm a brilliant scholarship student."?? Seriously, if arrogant is not the word, I don't know what other words can be used to describe this sort of person. But of course, this is just one of them. I'm sure there're others who're more mature than these...um...people.

Okay, no more rebuttals. I'm too tired already. I'm living in the city, so I've expected more than 55% of you all will come and attack and shoot me anyway. I'm just speaking what I'm thinking. That's all.

Really sorry for all the misguiding examples, if there are any. I'm also sorry for the slight use of impolite words and intonation, not to mention any misuse of words and phrases. Thank you all for reading.

Yvonne..

6 comments:

Unknown said...

In my opinion I think that those who come from a well-do family should give the chance to the others. Those who are rich SHOULDN'T EVEN try and compete for this opportunity! =A=

I really hope that you can get it. (: *prays hard*

PS: Am in college now. Waiting for mum to pick me up at 4pm~

Yvonne said...

Wow. Good one S-sized ant XD. Thanks. XD. I actually posted the wrong thing u know s-sized ant. I thought hubby is opposing me. I guess I was too sleepy. XD. Then I put up one more post about this thing. XD. Paiseh..

Shadows. said...

Although what you say may be true to some degree, don't you find it a bit elitist? No offense intended. The Malay people claim that they are underpriviliged and get the New Economic Policy. So poor people claim lack of money for scholarships? Sounds eerily familiar eh? Somehow, excluding special circumstances (read: corruption, favoritism), isn't it more democratic to give all an equal chance?

Yvonne said...

Hmm, sort of true. Never really view it in that angle. Of course equal chance is perhaps, the best after all. This is life, come to think of it. Who knows what might happen?

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I am quite supporting your point of view. Where, the needy should get the chance. Well, but for me, the rich one should actually been given an equal chance to stand for it. However, the needy one? I don't really think so it's actually fair anyone. Think about it, 2 person, 1st. Malay, poor, good in studies, 2nd. Non Malay, poor, good in studies as well. Will they been given the equal chance? Sometimes I doubt. No discrimination or what.

Yvonne said...

Haihz. Yalo. Haihz. Country we live in. What to do. Sighs.