Sunday, April 6, 2008

It's not that simple...

Last time, I used to criticize some of my friends who have their own pursuer in the romance field like this: "Why are you so picky? Why don't you just try and start a relationship and see how it goes from there?" They always answered me the same thing: "It's not that simple... I just don't like him you know? It's not because I'm picky..." followed by a sigh and this "You wouldn't know until you're in my shoes..". At that time I'll always get sort of angry and thought they were trying to show off or something. Don't they realize how lucky they are? That's what I thought. Here I was, no pursuer at all, sulking and feeling dissatisfied. But now I realize really what they meant...

Really. It's really not that simple. When someone you don't really like is pursuing you, all you can think is how to evade the person. The perception is set, and you can't say "Oh I'll just have a go and see if I'll like him someday later" because we know very clearly "he's just not my cup of tea". End of story. I can't say "I'll have a drink and see if I like this tea later" because I know this tea doesn't taste good anyway. Finally I realized what my friends were trying to tell me. Now I felt like apologizing to them, but I think they'll understand. I also noticed I have the inclination to like someone than to get into a relationship. Why? Probably because I just like the feeling of liking someone, just looking at his every movement, every laugh, every small little habit, without ever noticing me. (Shok sendiri XD). Getting into a relationship requires a huge amount of courage, the courage to get hurt deeply any moment, the courage to fight for the person you love. I'm not sure if I will ever have that kind of courage. But for now I don't think I have. It's just too much of a responsibility. It's not just a game, it's a responsibility. And knowing me, one of the Aquarius, we love to be free, to do whatever we want without any constrictions. So I guess me being an Aquarius contributed a lot to the person I am now. I got the feeling you're going to ask "so are you liking someone at the moment?". No, I don't think so. Unless you counted anime fictional characters as "someone". Then I'll have a lot to name XD! Just look at that slideshow above! SHINICHI! Ah my love~ *goes into fanatic mode* ;P

Yvonne..

7 comments:

Unknown said...

*nods nods* It's not that simple.

PS: I really hate guys like that... Gar~~!!!!!!! *squeaks angrily* What the hell is wrong with him!

Yvonne said...

No lar...they sometimes quite cham la...but I wouldn't blame them for trying la...I just hate guys who are always "sei qian lan da" (cantonese)... That one I really hate la...Haha...

Unknown said...

ya ya, that's what I hate!

Unknown said...

let me see if i can get this straight. u are blaming who u are on your being an aquarius. way to be independent and mature, sasoon.

Yvonne said...

No, I'm not "blaming" my horoscope. How can you blame such a thing anyway? It's like telling people you're blaming your hand for putting that cake into your mouth. So ridiculous. I'm just saying that my horoscope is part of the factors/condition which has caused me to become the person I am today. No, it's not the same thing, don't try to argue. Haha.

Shadows. said...

I get your meaning dear, being an Aquarius too, freedom is life as life is free. And being constricted by anything, icluding love, is awful. Besides, if you're tired of loving someone, then you aren't really in love with them anyway, right?

Although I must admit to loving fictional characters too much at times too. _"

Yvonne said...

Yes. Aquarians RULE! XD.

And *sighs* yes, I believe you of all people would know my constant crushes on various fictional characters. Roy, Gwendal, Shinichi, Kyou, Archer, and so on, seriously I have AT LEAST one favourite crush in every anime. And until today, I've watched about 33 animes. Go figure. XD.