Monday, April 7, 2008

~Broadband Madness~

As some of you might've already know, I've just switched from dial-up to broadband connection like maybe three or four weeks ago. I don't know if anybody can understand my excitement, but when I discovered that I can actually download a song in three minutes instead of thirty minutes like I did last time, it's sort of hard to control myself from fainting. Seriously. And of course the minute I realized that everything is faster with broadband, I can't help but babbled it enthusiastically to nearly every online best friend of mine. As one of my best friend puts it, "Welcome to the 21st century my dear". XD. Well, what's the fun of it if I can't express my happiness to you all right? All I wanted to see is you guys' =_= reaction. XD. But to think of it, I really really have no idea how in the world did I manage to survive with dial-up connection last time. When I looked back on those days, it's almost too scary for me. But at least now I don't have to face the nightmare anymore.

Although I don't have to face that anymore, this newfound connection speed is driving me crazy. Not literally but you get what I mean. I can never get bored while surfing on the net because I don't have to wait long for every freaking page to load like last time. Even hopeless websites for me last time like youtube, crunchyroll, and so on are now suddenly like unlocked rewards for me with broadband. I can't tell how grateful am I for it. Really, I'm too happy.

But that's not what I wanted to say really in this post. I wanted to say how much broadband has changed my life. Not in a so good way I fear. Last time, my daily schedule went on like this for non-working days:

1. Wake up: 8.30 to 10.00 am
2. Breakfast: Skipped.
3. Lunch: 12 to 1 pm
4. Dinner: 6 to 7 pm
5. Sleep: 1 to 2 am

With broadband, and due to the lack of self control, my daily schedule for non-working days became like this:

1. Wake up: 11am to 1 pm
2. Breakfast: Skipped (this never changed XD).
3. Lunch: 2 to 4 pm
4. Dinner: 9 to 11 pm
5. Sleep: 3 to 4 am

I know, it's so O_O. Even I myself couldn't believe this. I'm nearly turning my whole biological clock upside down. And I know at the rate I'm going, I'll probably die even sooner than I think I would. There's no doubt about that. So starting from TODAY, I will force myself to sleep at 1 or 2 am. I can't let this go out of my hand anymore. I'm letting broadband to control me, and letting myself fall into the hole of internet addiction. I've already slowed down my anime-watching and book-reading pace, and my room is in a mess, not to mention abandoned private projects and my own self-management. I can't tell how sorry I felt for my animes, they're waiting to be watched by me, and yet here am I being lured into all these online fantasies and only touch them every maybe 3 days. Last time I finish a 26-episodes anime in 3 days, now I finish an episode in 3 days. Can you see how much I've fallen behind? And my books. Last time I can finish a book in about 5 days, now the book stays untouched in 5 days and possibly the next 5 weeks. OMG. This is too scary for me. What's happening. Lack of self control. That's all I can think of. So from now on I'll change. Wait for my good news.

Yvonne..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

:.| yvonnuna. people change. change is an integral part of life. dont worry about ur books and anime. u have 10 years of dial up to shrug off. so i say be addcited to it at least until u start college. then refrain and start taking things slow. seriously. man whats the point of paying a fixed amount for a whole month of unlimited usage when u cant use alot of it????

Yvonne said...

DON'T be the evil angel who wears that red outfit with the two little horns and that gigantic fork. You know very well that's very extreme and you should go O_O instead of supporting me. Oh maybe because perhaps you yourself are having that type of lifestyle thus you encourage me to do the same as well? XD. I know it's not that much of a big deal, but enough is enough for me. The latest for me now will be 1 or 2 am.