Monday, April 28, 2008

Blood+ Review


OK, I'm not sure I'll be able to keep this up ("this" being reviewing every anime I've watched from now on). But I'll try my best to do so.

So, overall, Blood+ is one of those anime in which the introduction part is superbly boring, but as it gets to the climax things suddenly became so so much more exciting.

The starting of the anime is good, what with mysterious Hagi rushing out and all. But what's yawning is after Saya realized she's someone who can kill the Chiropteran (aka the monsters), the killing, blood splashing process is truly boring that I can practically fall asleep during the action. I mean, you can't seriously find bursting monsters apart as exciting or even meaningful can you?

But ooh good as the climax comes along...things are much more delicious..The introduction to Diva's four unique Chevaliers, especially Solomon, is super finger-licking good. And the twist and turn in the anime is not one could easily predict. No, even me, could not predict what's HAPPENING, let alone predict the immediate future of oncoming episodes. But, the storyline is so good I have to applaud for the brilliant ideas and innovative ways the creator used to spice up the story.

But man, I love how this anime ends. It has got to be one of the excellent ending I've ever watched, aside from Fate Stay Night's and Chrno Crusade's endings. The end, is carefully laid out in the last three episodes with precision and creativity. Seriously, it's so good that the ending is TOTALLY different from what I'd expected. In fact, it's the complete contrast to what I'd expected. At one point, before the last three episode I seriously thought that Saya is a total dead meat, what with her stepping towards the "sleeping phase" and all. And that sort-of stubbornly invincible Amshel (one of Diva's Chevalier) is too much of an opponent for Hagi. But hey, suddenly everything's going against my prediction. Not that I'm mad, in fact, I'm totally happy because the ending is a good one.

And after the rolling credits of the last episode, the short, 45 seconds epilogue is the most exquisite cream of the episode. I wouldn't say anything here, since it's so beautiful you've got to watch it yourself. And don't think you can just watch a little bit and then jump to the said 45 seconds because it wouldn't make any sense or give you the contented feeling if you do so. It's touching, really, well, in my honest opinion, that is.

I guess, the whole main point of this anime is "a person cannot be complete without love, education and care". As we can see, Diva and Saya is the same test subject, but how did Diva ended up in such way but not Saya, clearly, the three main criteria mentioned is the key. Thus, in the said 45 seconds, you cannot notice any difference between the two kids of Diva because Kai raised them with love and care. That, is the main concept of the story, in my opinion. Although this is somewhat familiar to us already, but I'm glad that the creator made this 50-episode anime to convey the point across to the audience. Bravo.

In this anime, Hottie-wise, my pick would totally be Solomon and Hagi. Both of them are so devoted to Saya that I felt supreme jealousy for the girl *chuckles*. Hagi proved his love through time and actions. And Solomon chose to overcome his blood-bond to Diva in order to serve as Saya's Chevalier. Both of them are equally hot in their own ways, but I guess Hagi should deserve more attention because of his sacrifice and love for Saya. For one thing, Hagi don't go around telling the world he love Saya like how Solomon did. He used his actions to prove his love for her. Yummy. Not to mention the quiet, hoarse sexy voice. Anybody can fell in love with Hagi. XD.

One character I would like to mention in this anime is another Diva's Chevalier, Nathan Mahler. Not that he's hot or whatever, but the weird thing is his appearance always made me felt so amused and interested. Apparently among all the Chevaliers he's the most powerful one, since everytime he starts threatening the other Chevaliers, they would automatically back step and chose not to pick a fight with him. But Nathan didn't plan world-domination like how James and Amshel did, which, in my opinion, is totally intelligent and smart. But too bad I can't really see Nathan's true colours in this anime, I wonder if the creator left him out already *laugh*.

Oh yeah I nearly forget to mention the anime's theme songs. For the theme songs of the anime, I give a rating of 9 out of 10. The songs are fitting, and good. Some songs I'd like to recommend from this anime is This Love by Angela Aki, Kataritsugu Koto by Hajime Chitose and Colours of the Heart by Uverworld.

Overall, I would give Blood+ a rating of 8.8 out of 10. One of the animes I'd recommend for intermediate anime watcher, since I doubt light anime watchers would like this deep anime. No offense or anything.

I think, that's it for Blood+ Review. The next anime I'm going to tackle would be...Midori Days (13 episodes) I think. Haahaa, I think I have a pattern for watching anime. It goes like this: Heavy, Light, Heavy, Light, and so on. A bit more balanced, I think.

Yvonne..

No comments: