Saturday, April 5, 2008

Nothing else but a mixture of disappointment and anger...

Go ahead and Read this.

That article is nothing but a piece of worthless junk to me. So you are rich and you are actually fighting with the needy ones who need the scholarship more than you do. How civilized is that?? And here we are promoting first class mind thinking and all. Please, if you are rich, just select one of those expensive colleges and go study. I'm sure there is a huge lot of needy students who earned grades good enough for the scholarship application. Or are the rich ones just want to collect their money and never use it if possible?? What is wrong with our society already?? Ok, I'm sorry again to generalize the society. And there is a reason for the US to do it need-based: to avoid rich families to getting all the privileges and leaving out the real needy ones. And one thing I would like to mention: why is that the JPA scholarship application MUST be done ONLINE and no other way round?? Which means you have to get a computer with internet connection capability to apply for the scholarship. What about those students who are too poor to get a computer but well enough to score flying-colours results?? How are they going to apply for the scholarships??

Three days ago I went for the scholarship interview which was held in Putrajaya. And guess what, I saw students who came in LATEST Honda City or according another fellow friend Mercedes latest series. And people who used Coach and Chanel bags. Not to mention expensive looking power suits and high-heels and the latest slim handphones. Do I see any students who wore modest looking baju kurung, didn't carry any bags but only their used-looking clear holder? Yes I do, but guess what they only represent maybe 4% of the total amount of person there. So what are all those Honda and Chanel users doing over there? Please, we're trying to be civilized here. With this sort of condition, we can never be that I can guarantee. If I use Chanel bags, wears Prada power suits, parents drives latest Honda City Mercedes Benz, got the money to follow the latest fashion trend and rebond my hair, I will at least try to be civilized, register for Taylors, and give the scholarship opportunities to the real needy ones. But too bad, I'm not one of those person. Which is why I am very angry of the social unjust situation.

Those are my honest shout-outs from my mind. I'm sorry for any impoliteness and misused of words.

Yvonne..

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG... If those rich trendy ppls get the scholarship... Let's go stranggle the person in charge! O.O

Yvonne said...

Yeah!! Let's go and strangle them!! XD... When I wanna beat them up I'll definitely call for your help haha...

Unknown said...

K, I'll bring the baseball bat I keep in my room! XDDD

Yvonne said...

XD. I'll bring lotsa beer bottles!! Mwahaahaa~~

Shadows. said...

y'know, I agree that some are really selfish and some even get scholarships through connections (Datuk, Tan Sri etc.) but some people just wanna dress nice and look presentable. There is after, such a thing as knockoff Chanel and Coach for RM30 at Petaling Street.*hint hint* Summore if the parents are diving Honda then they're not likely to be able to fund their child's higher ed. overseas or even locally as it's likely to be mortgaged. Honda City is just mid-range anyway. However, I truly despise those who drive the Merces and BMWs. Especiallly if their wealth is acquired by ill-gotten means (i.e. corruption). Not everyone would like wearing modest baju kurungs dear, I for one, would never be caught dead in one. Gimme RM100 and I can get a nice outfit that looks a million, plus shoes and accessories of course. Just because you're poor doesn't mean you must look destitute. >_-

Yvonne said...

True true... Yea I was being told Honda's mid range too XD. A lot of times in fact. Well, how am I supposed to know? I couldn't afford a Honda and they looked expensive to me. XD. Thus the slightly misguided example. Haha.