Sunday, February 1, 2009

Twilight Review


Okay this is not much of a review, more like major criticism on the movie which I do NOT approve of.

The biggest failure of this movie is the selection of cast for characters in the book. I mean, come on! Rob Pattison as Edward?! He's way too human for Edward! I bet 60% readers of the original novel do not approve him as Edward (probably because we have our own perfect Edward in mind but that's not the point XD). But for me, Edward's more elegant-looking, taller, and even paler than Rob Pattison. And then sometimes Rob has that immobile look on him, in a negative way I mean, not the sexy way.

And don't get me started on Bella in the movie. She looks much too fierce-looking for Bella (who's supposed to have a soft appearance), she's gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but she's just not Bella if you get what I mean. And the dark circles she's got's totally unprofessional, not to mention that her lips a bit too unlike Bella. And then sometimes Bella in the movie has this "I hate the world" look on her face, which, Bella's not supposed to have. Bella should look kind and compassionate, something I found lacking in Bella in the movie. If I HAD to choose someone for Bella, I think Margarita Levieva might plays it better? I'm impressed by her acting in The Invisible.

Alice looks WAAAY to old. And sometimes I found her looking a bit menacing, especially during the scene when they're getting on the bus, she shot this "look" at Bella, a not-so-friendly look for Alice in my opinion. But that could be a glitch, I don't know, I was just pointing out XD. But amazingly Jasper looks like the Jasper I had in mind. Carlisle's GORGEOUS XDXDXD, I guess he looks better than my version of Carlisle, and that's a good thing, but somehow this handsome Carlisle lacks that kind and compassionate air about him, and I expect Carlisle to look more mature than the handsome Carlisle in the movie.

I don't even wanna mention Jacob and Billy Black, the moment they're on the screen I was like "=o= FTW?". So yeah, no comments on them. As for the settings I expect something more bright and thick with mist. Not dark, gloomy, suffocating environment like in the movie. Besides, I thought Edward's home's supposed to be white?? Or my memory fails me again? I'm not sure.

This movie totally spoiled my imagination for Twilight. I give it a rating of 5.5/10, so I guess you can say it's above average then XDXDXD.

Die-hard fans of Twilight movie out there, I'm ready to get bashed, but please, only constructive criticisms please =D

Yvonne..

No comments: