Sunday, February 15, 2009

Benjamin Button


The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Unique story, inspiring, and makes you think. A lot.

I've been wanting to watch this since last year when I found out about it.

A little bit of heart-twisting sadness, a little bit of tickling humour, a little bit of romance and a whole lot of life lessons. I love this movie to no end and I'm sure this, will be one of the Movies of the Year.

"I was born under unusual circumstances."

A man who was born in his eighties and aged backwards, then died as a baby.

Benjamin's just living his life like everyone else, the only difference is that he's going the other direction.

My favourite quote from the movie, "You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; You can swear and curse the fates; But when it comes to the end, you have to let go." The quote echoes my thoughts and I couldn't agree more.

As I said, it makes you think, a lot.

The anti-climax during the end of the movie's finished off with a line from Benjamin:

"Along the way you bump into people who make a dent on your life. Some people get struck by lightning. Some are born to sit by a river. Some have an ear for music. Some are artists. Some swim the English Channel. Some know buttons. Some know Shakespeare. Some are mothers. And some people can dance. "

I really can't elaborate more because I couldn't put what I think and feel into words. This says something about the movie already, no?

A beautiful movie indeed.

Yvonne..

No comments: