Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Shitty 2008

FINALLY, it's New Year's eve.

Really, I can't wait to get past this shitty year already.

As if 2008's not shitty enough, I turned 18 this year as well.

Shitty 18. The age I turn legal. Very nice indeed.

Why, you might ask, this year's so shitty to me?

  1. I spent three months of this year offering my service for the nation.
  2. I didn't get to see my beloved grandmother for the last time within that three month.
  3. I spent a couple of months applying for overseas scholarship, in the end not getting any.
  4. I wasted 11 years of my life studying science and working my ass off to further my studies, oversea or not, in the science field, in the end I'm now in an accounting course, something I detest ever since I was in primary school.
  5. I lost touch with a couple of really good friends.

I guess the list can go on, but I'm not really keen in making myself to feel even more depressed. Nor do I wanna make myself sound so pitiful and loathe-able because I'm just reasoning out why I want this year to pass so much.

But from the looks of it, I don't think 2009's going to get better anyway. Maybe slightly better, I don't know, because there are some things I can tell you about 2009 now, if you've not heard it from the news already.

Why 2009 might suck as well:

  1. Financial crisis. Major recession. So on, so on. For more information, tune in to nearest financial news. End of story.
  2. I might continue to fail the accounting papers from the looks of it.
  3. I might lose touch with a couple of more friends.
  4. I might not see Mr. Library again.
  5. Heck, I might be dead for good (if so, I think it might not be such a bad year for me =D).

So yeah, let's wave goodbye to sucky 2008 and welcome the possibly even more shitty 2009 tonight.

Yvonne..

No comments: