Thursday, August 21, 2008

Random Again

Today I think a lot more than usual.

I thought about this weird dream I had between 6.45am to 7.13am. It's a seriously weird dream. I know, you must be asking "How in the world did you know that you had that particular dream between 6.45am to 7.13am???"

That's because I switched off my alarm at 6.45am (the latest time that I'm SUPPOSED to wake up), went back to sleep without thinking twice, and then got woke up by my SECOND alarm clock (To prevent myself from repeating my mistake last time hehe) at 7.13am. So within that period, I had the weird dream.

You can ask me personally what the weird dream is if you're curious, but it's seriously weird, which involves quite some horror scenes and blood and so on.

ANYWAY, my point is, WHY IN THE WORLD I KEEP HAVING THOSE WEIRD DREAMS?!?! (I think I need to get a book on dream interpretation soon).

Can't I just have some normal dreams for a change?

Never mind. Weird dreams are interesting sometimes. =D

And have I ever mention that the Rojak near my college's exceptionally more scrumptious than all the other Rojaks I've ever tasted?

Seriously, give this delicious concoction a chance if you happen to pass by the area, I'd gladly provide the direction (just gimme a holler).

Oh by the way I've watched Dark Knight, not bad, love the ingenuity of the Joker. I guess there's a certain degree of truth in it when people say "there's a fine line between a madman and a genius". And btw Christian Bale's getting older LOL. Although I like the idea of the movie, I feel like the plot and the structure of the content's all over the place? I totally love the part where the orange shirt man threw the detonator out of the ship. Clean and simple. Bravo. XD.

Thank goodness my flu's going away... Had it since Monday... because of the drizzle... Oh well.

I miss that yellow rice in my NS camp last time. ='(

And besides I've watched Made of Honor as well!! Mwahaahaa~ I'm so gonna let my dad watch it XDXDXD~ Oh it's cheesy alright but I don't mind watching one of these once in a while! Heheh.

Lately I just registered the fact that I like to sing LOL. To Japanese songs, that is. XDXDXD. I gave up on chinese music industry long ago XDXDXD.

I can't wait for a lot of things.

I can't wait for cordless MP3 Player to flood the market. I can't wait for the petroleum to be depleted. I can't wait for electric cars to get into our market. I can't wait the ultimate civilization of our nation. I can't wait to see what's waiting for me in my after life (Yes, in a way it means that "I can't wait to die" LOL).

I can be so impatient sometimes.

I have a question for whoever who's interested in answering:

"How do you measure the value of human lives?"

I'm ready for any forms of answer. Be it 3 parchments long, or short as a 15-words sentence. I don't mind. I just want your view on this.

Are human lives really as priceless as we think they are? Or are we all just a bunch of minuscule living organisms in this vast universe? Feel free to think from different viewpoints and perspectives. Your thoughts might even surprise yourself.

That's it for today.

Yvonne..

4 comments:

Shadows. said...

How do we calculate the importance of a moment? I always thought it was the amount of change occurring in that particular instant. I wonder if it's the same for life: the value of a human life= the amount of change incurred in a lifetime. (or delta change XD)

Yvonne said...

Hmm..interesting...But how do you measure the amount of change incurred in a day? A small action carried out by a person may seem insignificant to us but the importance of the certain action may be magnified when it is acknowledged by another person. What I'm trying to say is, there're just too many variables in that theory. Howeever, your theory is very logical (and feasible), but I believe that there're more complexity to that.

Thanks for the opinion =). I was delighted to see you comment on this. ^O^~

Shadows. said...

Since when did change itself become a purely scientific or mathematical value? I'd rather think of change in a more romantic manner, as in literature. Something that doesn't have to be measured empirically, but felt more in a psychological manner. By the way, the same problem appears in the question of the value of a human life. There's probably just too much things to consider. Whose life would you think is more valuable, Adolf Hitler or Nelson Mandela?

Yvonne said...

Oh well that's because there are quite some scientific terminologies in your comment so I presumed that we're talking about this topic in a more technical manner? More romantic manner huh... this will be more interesting and passionate then XD.

Whose life? Hmm.. if your theory is applied then I think it's Adolf Hitler's? But that's more towards the physical aspect I think. Maybe in from another viewpoint Nelson Mandela's life is more valuable?