Wednesday, April 29, 2009

SHOGUN

I'm always a SUCKER for Japanese buffet, pardon my choice of words.

Today I went to Shogun with classmates for Japanese buffet, we were expecting to pay 40+ per person but it turned out to be only 30+ per pax due to some sort of discount or promotion unknown to us. For Japanese buffet with varieties ranging from sushi, sashimi, tenpura, oysters, various soups, desserts, ice-creams, casseroles, peking duck, sulfur steamed duck, unagi, teppanyaki, and so on at 30+ is a bargain one should never miss in their lifetime.

I should probably save the speech and let you guys drool over pictures (again) :)



It's SHOGUN.



Complimentary Udon-suki consisting of udon, fish, mushrooms,
sliced kamaboko
, vegetables, and so on in clear broth.





Complimentary Atlantic Jackknife Clam in Garlic Sauce.




Various fresh sashimis
Abalone, red maguro (tuna), beef asparagus,
unagi
sushi, shiro maguro (white tuna),
SALMON (obviously my favourite, had 5x), and so forth.





A better close-up shot to show-off the softness of salmon =D




Fresh Oysters
I don't eat oysters actually, but being the adventurous person I am
I took two and slurped them off (good oysters)
after squeezing vast amount of lemon juice on it.





Various casseroles
Baked cheese sea shell, cheese sea snails, unagi, seafood lasagna.
Seafood lasagna was good, cheesy cheesy.





Chawanmushi
Ah, who can forget this?
Smooth flowing egg, everyone's fav.





Various tenpuras
Onion ring, EBI TENPURA, soft-shelled crab, aubergine tenpura.






Sulfur Steamed Duck
Prepared on special request.





Sulfur Steamed Duck
Full of chinese herbs flavour.




Peking Duck
Nothing that spectacular.




Traditional Chinese Chicken Soup
Though a bit oily, but overall an invigorating soup,
thanks SMay for introducing lol.





Rib-eye and Mixed Vegetables Teppanyaki
The teppanyaki sauce was really one thing to be praised,
buttery yet with hint of garlic flavour,
it's a pleasure going with the rib-eye.






Various ice-creams
I had Mint with Chocolate Chips, Matcha (green tea),
and Vanilla with Chocolate Ripple.




Overall I had to say Shogun's much better than Saisaki, at least I got to take a lot of pictures as compared to Saisaki last time, and the ambience's much better than Saisaki, a place for hot-in-love couples to go. Flavour-wise I think Shogun's better too, with much fresher sashimis and sushis. But for the tenpuras Saisaki beats Shogun.

Overall rating - 7/10.
The price - Definitely worth it, affordable.
Recommended items - Sashimi, oysters, seafood lasagna.

Yvonne..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thing I have a cup of coffee beside me or else I think I'll scream. hehe... Looks yummy!

Yvonne said...

I know!! We love japanese buffet!! =D