Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hypocrisy

Have you ever change so much that suddenly when you look back at yourself now and compare to the you in the past, you're actually someone you might have despise when you're the past you?

Okay that sounds confusing, but you get what I mean.

Perhaps it's not characteristic. Let's say preference. Last time I used to dislike soy milk, but now am quite okay with it. In fact sometimes I love soy milk. In the past I would've "Urgh" or "Ew" at the soy milk but not the me now.

I wonder if that's what you call hypocrisy?

But if I were to argue, hypocrisy is when you're claiming to be someone you're not right?

If the one you claimed you will not be is the future you, does that count as hypocrisy? How will you ever know that you'll change such a degree?

My thoughts are so complicated sometimes, I know. Sighs.


**********


Today's April Fool, unlike past years, I didn't play any fool on anyone, which is really not my own self because had it been the old Yvonne, I would've fooled about 20+ persons already. I wonder if I'm beginning to grow up or something, though I think that it has nothing to do with it.

But that doesn't mean that I'm going to be careless about it. My brother kept trying to fool me all day but of course he didn't succeed. His fools are just plain obvious.

Out of four who dared to fool me today, only 1.5 succeeded. 1 is someone I hadn't expect to fool me, and another 0.5 is Agnes who tried to fool me before April Fool so that doesn't count (okay half counted so that's 0.5).

I think since year 2000 this is the most uneventful and boring April Fool I've ever had. Growing up is a boring, tedious, uninteresting, lackluster experience, I supposed. Oh well.

Yvonne..

No comments: