Friday, April 17, 2009

Pasta de Gohan =D

Went to Pyramid today with PLin and Liana.

After about 5 minutes of staring at the Directory, and yes I don't know why I tend to do so every time in the course of deciding lunch/dinner places, PLin suggested that maybe we can go to Wong Kok since I mentioned that I sort of wanted to try that XO Chee Cheong Fun last time.

Then at the last minute I steered them to "take a look" at Pasta de Gohan's for any ongoing promotion sets.

You know, Pasta de Gohan, the restaurant that I've taken a photo of last time?

Yeah, it's THAT restaurant. =D

And then after about 3 minutes fumbling and thinking hard while staring at the lunch set menu in front of the restaurant (with waitress waiting beside us too, how embarrassing >.<), I couldn't take it anymore and stepped into the restaurant hehe.

Their lunch set, which comprises of a main course (pasta of your choice), and a side dish (variety of toasts, gratins, curry rices or pilafs), sums up to about 15+ bucks per set, is very satisfying for a normal person.

The menu's rather informative, pictures of each dish and the name of it underneath in English, Chinese, and most importantly, in my opinion, Japanese. I wondered why Italian isn't included in the menu, I guess maybe only a few reads Italian here in our country.



Pasta de Gohan
Fusion of Italian and Japanese restaurant,
which features Italian style cuisine cooked with Japanese ingredients.




I have to warn you guys,
the price's a bit above the average when you're ordering ala carte.



Parmesan cheese sprinkles, black pepper and chili flakes,
all my favourite condiments =D




You can choose whether to have spaghetti or fettuccine for the main course, but of course the three of us chose spaghettis.



Potato and Bacon Cream Spaghetti
PLin's.



Cream Squid and Cod Roe Spaghetti
Liana's.




Eggplant and Bacon Spaghetti
Mine! =D
I love the bacon, crispy and full of flavour.
But too bad the spaghetti don't come with a sauce.



And then we had our side dishes - smaller in portion.


Baked Potato Gratin
Liana's
I love this one a lot, super cheesy and creamy.
The baked potato's powdery and melt-in-your-mouth.




Egg Curry Rice.
Mine. Sort of a wrong choice =(
But at least I get to taste Japanese curry again.





But I have to say the egg was prepared exactly the way I want it.
Not too raw, not too cooked.
Look at that flowing yolk! Love love love.




Wafu Tuna Gratin
PLin's
The flavours of Tuna and cheese fused so well,
none of it overpowers another.




Overall rating - Okay-okay.
The price - Slightly expensive but you wouldn't go broke.
Recommended order - Gratin. Hehe.

Yvonne..

No comments: