Monday, June 28, 2010

Korean Heat Wave

I'm sorry to say that I feel utterly indifferent about it.

Maybe it's because it's within my nature to dislike overrated, or mainstreamed, or popular things. And unfortunately at this time of the year, it's about the Koreans. Korean boys, korean dramas, korean language, heck, even the korean team for FIFA world cup. EVERY-FREAKING-WHERE I go, there MUST be someone posting or fantasizing or display-photoing the koreans.

And don't you dare mention "Wonder Girls" or "Super Junior" in my face, and also "Nobody" or "SNSD" as well, cuz I might puke. Really, I will.

And it even adds to my negative perception about it even more when I discover the fact that,

To the Koreans, it's a norm to have PLASTIC SURGERY.

Yes. It's a norm.

So, if you have the free time to make the connection, joining-the-d0ts as we call it, the mainstream loves the Korean because they're pretty/handsome, and SOME (I said some not all so don't start counter-attacking me) of them have the desired effect all thanks to plastic surgery, so... in the end, who, or shall we say, WHAT, exactly are we actually liking?

That's right: The mainstream loves the beautiful face of PLASTIC SURGERY.

Also, it tells us that the society these days are into appearances in more vain ways than it ever could. Forget about morality, forget about warmth that makes relationships sparkle, forget about intelligence and talent, let us all place APPEARANCE in the center of the stage, and all us sinners shall support it with all our heart and soul.

Oh, except me. You all can go on ahead.

I'm done letting out my thoughts.

And, please don't dislike me due to this post, dislike the fact that what I'm saying could be very true, as they say, "don't blame the messenger".

Yvonne..

2 comments:

K3llY'ing said...

It's so true of your post. I too don't understand how people can go all out for Korean artists when it's a matter of fact they're nothing and nothing but plastic surgeries. Should we Google up and search for un-knived Korean artist?

But girl, you gotta agree with me, they are to be credited for having guts to go under knives and knives and knives.

Yvonne said...

@Ying: Yeah, I'm impressed that they can undergo something which is risky, just so others can accept their looks. In a way, it's kinda insulting you know. I didn't know anyone would agree with me, I thought I make pretty much everyone hates me with this =D

@Anonymous: Hi. You know I really can't tell what your "lol" means. Is that a "Omg you're so funny" lol, or a "You suck" lol, or a "I don't know what else to say" lol? Lol.