Wednesday, June 23, 2010

5 Centimeters Per Second











Also known as Byousoku 5 Centimeter in Japan. It's an anime movie which went on the screens a few years ago. If you wanna know the story, please click here.

After watching, my initial response was: WHY IN THE WORLD BEAUTIFUL STORIES ALWAYS HAVE BLOODY SAD ENDINGS?

Or should I say, why in the world beautiful relationships always do not end with "and the two of them live happily together ever after"?

And how the heck can Takaki LIVE loving Akari ALL THESE YEARS without flying to Akari's side and tells her how much he loves her and asks her to marry him and have kids with him and never leave his side ever again??? I mean, come on, it's not like Takaki lives a very wonderful life, being alone, working as a computer programmer, passing day by day like some soulless corpse. He would do SO MUCH BETTER by doing what I said there.

TAKAKI YOU SUPER BAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell you what, if I'm Akari I'd totally stop my wedding and leaves everything had I known what Takaki is going through.

ARGH!! Watching this kind of beautiful-yet-bloody-sad movie is very suffering for me!!!

ALTHOUGH, I have to say, the anime is SO BEAUTIFUL. As in the artwork, I mean. EVERY SINGLE FRAME is a pure masterpiece in itself and I tell you, this guy (as in the creator) is darn good in nature scenes, putting it in an anime perspective, it's just the ultimate eye candy for every anime addicts.

Though you must have enough maturity to understand the storyline cuz it's not that clear, at least to me in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th episodes. The first was pretty clear though.

I knew about this anime from this Japanese film festival that I want to go so badly but in the end didn't cuz it's too damn far and I'm busy on the days the nice shows are showing.

But as always, I have ways to get what I want, when I want it ;)

Yvonne..

No comments: