Friday, January 9, 2009

Now I Get It

Last time, when people have those CDs labelled "Driving Music" in their cars, I have no idea what in the world they're doing. I mean, how can you even categorize music like that right? Like do you have something like "Dining Music", "Studying Music", "Showering Music"??

I thought when you drive surely you would listen to your favourite songs and stuff, but it turned out that I was wrong, in my case, at least.

I can't listen to hyper songs like "Leech" and "Adore" while I'm driving, cuz I might get too carried away and sped to 110kmph without me realizing it.

So, I have a collection of what I called "Driving Music" (XDXDXD) burned into my CDRW. Generally, the "driving music" has these characteristics:
  • It feels "on-going", without obvious climax or dip in the song.
  • You can sing along to it happily (to entertain yourself during a traffic jam).
  • Usually it has some nice beat about it, I can't explain it really well, but you can feel the beat and your head will move according to the beat sort of thing (=_= I know but that's the only way I can describe it).
  • Make sure there's no shouting in the song so that you don't look like a moron while shouting along to the song at the traffic lights.
  • Always include some "quiet" songs (even one or two will be just fine) just in case you suddenly feel emo while you drive XD.

My current collection of "Driving Music" includes:

  1. alice nine. - the beautiful name (Love the prologue~)
  2. Fall Out Boy - 27 (Love the first part~)
  3. Dir en Grey - Glass Skin
  4. Hanako Oku - Garnet
  5. Hanako Oku - Kawaranai Mono
  6. D'espairsRay - HORIZON

There's more, am lazy to list all out.

Yvonne..

No comments: