Saturday, July 31, 2010

Suki

You're always at the corner of my eyes, 
you're always on my mind, 
you're always the one I'd apply "What-if?"s to, 
you're hot, in my eyes, 

it's been some time since I start liking someone,
but I think this time, I'd like to like you longer, 
longer, 
longer, 
and I would never look at you directly, 
inquisitively, 
curiously,
or even flirtatiously, 

for fear that if there might be a girl, even remotely close to you;
for fear that if my gaze linger on you too long, you might notice;
for fear that if I ever had the nerves to talk to you, all the bubbles might break; 
for fear that if I ever had the words out of my mouth, the tension is over;

why can't I say the right things, like all other smooth operators, 
why can't I do the right things, and stop worrying what might happen, 
why can't I just react right, when you came so close behind me, 
that my heart almost-literally jumped out as I realized: 
you were there all the time without making a sound???

why do you have to dress in a way that it seems like only I find it hot?
why do you have to be such a geek that it seems like only I find it cute?
why do you have to look so... argh! 

and worst of all, why in the world that I sometimes found you staring at me??????

was that just me?

I think so. I dare not tell myself otherwise. 

It's been three times that we've talked, 
it's been two times that I've caught you looking at me, 
it's been damnit-how-many-times you're so near but we never talk? 

"I like you!" If only I could say that without fearing the consequences. 
I like liking someone. I also hate liking someone. 
Life is such a fantastic irony. 

Yvonne.. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site kaoriskissaten.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Yvonne said...

Exchange links as in how? Please describe more as I'm pretty confused of what you mean by that =)