Saturday, July 31, 2010

Giving

No one gets her a gift even though last week she hinted it to us --- except me. 

And I'm so very very glad that I did. Otherwise: how very sad!!!

It's one thing that no one gets you any gift because you never mention it, but it's really a heart-breaking thing to hint to the WHOLE CLASS, but no one gets you any gift. Which is why I never mention the coming of my birthdays to anyone, because in the event that if really, everyone forgets about it, at least I can console myself by telling my pathetic self: "oh don't worry, it's just that they don't know, that's all" which is all a lie, but really, it makes you feel better, even if you know it's a lie. 

Of course that's just IF. Therefore, I truly, from the bottom of my heart, am very grateful, to all my friends, who never forget to sms me at midnight, or drop me a wish anywhere, anytime, on each of my birthdays. 

By the way, I was talking about my Japanese teacher, whose birthday is on next Monday. 

I got her a photo frame, which I think, is never too many for anyone. I thought of getting her a bar of chocolate but I was afraid that she might be on a diet or is cocoa-intolerant or something (um yeah I derived that from the phrase lactose-intolerant). And besides, she might put the photo of us and her into that very frame. Later. When we do actually get around to take a photo. Who knows. 

It's a black frame, with swirly white flowers around the border and is made of glass. I kinda hope she likes black cuz she wears a black jacket to our EVERY single class. So I think she might like black. 

She looked really surprised and happy for my gift. And I'm almost as equally as elated as her. Recently I learned that:

Giving, is a good thing.

Not just from this event, but from things that happened lately. And that's a story, for another day :)

Yvonne..

2 comments:

K3llY'ing said...

awwww..you're so nice..I bet she must be very very delighted and touched by your act..

Yvonne said...

ahaha thanks yeah. hmm touched..probably not, cuz we're not the only class she have ;)