Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Satisfaction of a Poet

I used to hate poems and poets. I hate the kind of confusion a poem left me, where I felt lost and blinded after reading the poem, not knowing what to do or what to say, let alone what should I feel, especially when words can be played so ingeniously by the poet.

But I realized that there is a certain satisfaction when you're a poet. It's the same kind of satisfaction where you yell to the world in an unknown language, nobody really knows what you're talking about, and yet it's always accessible to them, so it's up to them to decide if they choose to care about you, learn the language and see the world through your eyes, or just leave it and pretend nothing ever happened.

It is also convenient that you can hide nasty comments in between the lines, where no one can really see it, yet it's there, blatantly obvious to you, but not others, isn't that satisfactory? :) Besides, there're just some things that you don't spat it out to people you know. So in a way, you can say those things in an indirect way, without suppressing your real feelings, and available for everyone to see :D

But still I hate poems xDD

Yvonne..

No comments: