Monday, September 14, 2009

Meatballs & Winter Warmers

Went out with college mates today, and it felt like this outing was some food-hunting mission. We ate three meals within about six hours. No joke. Well, not that I mind anyway XD, in fact I enjoyed a lot XDXD. From finally tasting the well-known Ikea's Swedish meatballs with cream sauce and Lingonberry jam, discovering Winter Warmers, to getting a bite of the popular and "famous" Ikea's curry puffs and hotdog.

We reached the place at about 10 to 11 in the morning and started off with a bang erm sorry I mean the meatballs. Yeah. Did I mention that PLin's parking skill made all of us almost speechless? I had my eyes closed while she went into the parking lot head-on so fiercely without even slowing down because she nearly nearly neaaarrrly scratch the car beside us. :D

Anyway, back to the meatballs. With cream sauce and Lingonberry jam. Gosh I love the cream sauce.


Actually I think I love the cream sauce
more than the meatballs O.O seriously.



A close up of the meatballs, look at how
creamy and luscious the sauce looked. I know :D
Oh and notice the Lingonberry jam too =D



We shopped for a bit after the brunch. Then I discovered Daiso, a Japanese supermarket where everything is priced at 5 bucks each. It was like my kind of shopping heaven!! Why haven't I discover this before??? OMG I couldn't believe that. I have no idea why Daiso never open up a store in the city, it's really beyond me. What a waste of business opportunity. Sighs oh well.

Again as usual we mulled over where to have lunch after several hours of trolling around the malls (note: malls: plural), then finally all of us poured into a little sweet modest looking English tea and coffee house named Winter Warmers. Mind you I was quite tired by that time.







The interior's quite small but very chic.



Their signature teacups cabinet.







Mine - Chocolate-Mint Coffee
One of the few times I drank coffee. Or shall I put it correctly
I was duped into ordering this cuz I only focused on
the words "chocolate-mint" when I was placing
my order. Then only I discovered that it's actually hot coffee. =.=
But not bad actually. The coffee tasted quite nice for a change.
And yes we marveled at the prettiness of the cup for quite a while XD




SMay - Green Tea Ice Blended.




PLin & Steph - Rose Ice Blended
Looked a bit like orange ice blended to me though XD




PLin & Steph - Macaroni Cheese Bake
I couldn't forget the smell of the thick melted cheese...yum.




Liana - Mango Chicken Rice
Very tangy and very mangoed -
the chicken, the sauce, and the mango.
Love the sweetness of it ;)




SMay - Veggie and Egg Waffle
Seriously I think this is the first time I saw a savoury waffle.
Very creative and tasty!! The egg added a nice flavour to the waffle :)




Mine - Deep Fried Garlic Chicken
I love the garlic sauce. And the cold potato salad.
But the pasta garden salad's a bit weird-tasting, there's
something about the dressing they used... very floral-like.



I forgot to take pictures of the curry puffs and the hotdog. The curry puffs were not exactly the kind I like cuz the pastry's too thick especially at the sides of the puff. I prefer thin pastry when it comes to curry puffs =X The hotdog however was a delight. We can put as many chili sauce, mustard, relish and chopped onions on it. I love the relish. That was why I didn't take a picture of it, too busy gobbling it down XDXD

Gahhhh I wanna go out with you guys again!!!!!!! :D

Yvonne..

2 comments:

happy angel said...

wah...how come u tell everyone tat im drive queen but not telling everyone tat we go for the long-cut instead of short -cut???wahaha...

Yvonne said...

Because it's complicated to explain xDD