Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hajime

YChing introduced me to Hajime, a Japanese restaurant in the city. It's her favourite restaurant if I'm not mistaken, mostly because of Hajime's excellent makimonos. I must say, I agree with her 100%, because under comparison the lunch set which was supposed to be the main course degraded and became the side course instead. We went there after a swim and we were so, so very famished (or was it just me?). This restaurant is actually a standalone bungalow on its own without any connection to any other building and it's situated quite off the road so you might need to find it for a while.





There's a sushi bar inside and you can sit there and watch
your sushis being made in the hands of sushi sifus.




The restaurant gave me a very cozy feel
and I felt like I could just sleep there and then.




Cute kitty.




Stickers like this decorated some of the dining tables there - unique.



Salmon Ginger Maki
Rolled with very soft buttery salmon. Need I say more?





Golden Dragon Maki
Maki with fried prawn then rolled together with
thin avocado and unagi slices on top.
It's the BEST maki I've ever tasted and
it brings a whole new definition to
the word "maki" in my dictionary.





A close-up of Golden Dragon Maki.




My lunch set consist of unagi, mixed tenpura,
chawanmushi, appetizer, and rice (closewise from top left).
The chawanmushi was pretty good too.




Close-up of unagi with teriyaki sauce.




Mixed tenpura: Two prawns, brinjal and sweet potato.



After the lunch I hang out at YChing's place and her mom invited me for dinner as well but I had to go home early as my family needed to go out that night as well =(

This is her sister's soft toy doggie. I sort of forgot its name. =P








Today is a very happy day. =D

Yvonne..

No comments: