Friday, May 29, 2009

Had a Nightmare

It's one of those rare days that I have a nightmare.

Well it's not exactly the kind of nightmare where you have ghosts/monsters/disasters chasing after you. But I find it rather disturbing to me and I definitely do not want to experience that in real life.

Well in this dream, I'm about 40 and live in a rural area.

And it seems like I'm married to an old geezer at that time but we're living separately and I happen to live in a rather big house despite being in a countryside.

A big but a dusty house, which emits non-one-ever-lives-here vibes all the time.

There's a housekeeper, rather plump and friendly, the type of loyal-but-also-a-friend-to-you type of servant.

Images of teenage students flashes by in my head, perhaps I'm also a teacher teaching in a school there, I'm not sure about that.

It's a place where there's no library, no mobile coverage, no phone line, let alone the internet, a store which is about 3-5km away from your house and you have to cycle to get there --- Yeah, that type of rural area.

Maybe this is a desired future to someone else, but definitely not mine. Rural area like that? I'd rather commit suicide.

Although I'm quite okay with being 40, but the fact that my head can project this far surprised me.

Say if I really were to get stuck in a place like that, the Yvonne now would definitely pack up everything and drive to the city straightaway.

But who knows for the 40-years-old me I'd probably love that (I hope not).

Thank God it's just a dream. Although it's quite a vivid one but yeah at least it's not real.

I woke up and thought about my dream again, a dream that should be titled "Isolation and Lifeless", I realized that I need to appreciate what I have now more than ever. My parents, my brother, lots of friends, busy city, packed population, mobile phone, 7-eleven just 3 minutes walk away from my place, city center about 20 minutes drive away from my home, a small but warming home, and all that.

Yvonne..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol... I had a dream today about having a home tutor who dislikes the word IDIOT. XD

Gosh... I think I'd still b reading manga, watching anime, and playing online games when I'm 40. lol

Yvonne said...

When you're 40 gimme a call, I'll come over and watch anime with you XD