Friday, September 9, 2011

Favourite Quotes

Just realised I haven't make a post of my most favourite quotes here. I believe that a person's favourite quotes somewhat reflect part of, if not all, of that person's inner thoughts. It either shapes or be shaped by the person's views and perspectives, so in a sense it's bidirectional. You don't like a quote which says "Chocolates are the only food from heaven" (for eg.) if you can't bring yourself to even taste the revolting brown goo (I can't believe I just said that about chocolates, what is wrong with me?). Anyway, here goes: 


You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; 
You can swear and curse the fates;
But when it comes to the end, you have to let go. 
~ Benjamin Button, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.


Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain. 


My shield depends upon God, who saves the upright in heart. 
~ Psalm 7:10.


"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim.”
[“Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.”]
~ Joyce Conway, Thanks for the Memories. 


An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define or destroy you. 
~ Cobb, Inception.


Time is too slow for those who wait, 
time is too swift for those who fear, 
time is too long for those who grieve, 
but for those who love, those who are loved, 
time is eternity. 
~ Henry van Dyke. 


The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.
~ Psalm 23. 


"ああ... 俺は... 世界を殺し... 世界を創る..."
["Ahh... I... kill the world... create the world..."]
~ ルルーシュ・ランペルージ, コードギアス .
[~ Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass.]


All you can do is enjoy this beautiful day, because we get so few of it.
~ Mary Alice Young, Desperate Housewives. 


Life is much too important to be taken seriously.
~ Oscar Wilde. 


"If you love something let it go, 
If it comes back to you it's yours, 
If it doesn't, it never was."


"Imperfections are what makes the world perfect."


The flow of time cleanses the past and heals the wounds in people's hearts.
~ Komatsu Nana, NANA. 


So, have we solved the secret of happiness?
"I believe so," he said. 
Are you going to tell me? 
"Yes. Ready?" 
Ready. 
"Be satisfied." 
That's it? 
"Be grateful." 
That's it? 
"For what you have. For the love you receive. And for what God has given you." 
That's it? 
He looked me in the eye. Then he sighed deeply. 
"That's it." 
~ Mitch Albom, Have a Little Faith. 


Girls flirt with the dangerous guy, Logan. They don't take him home. They marry the good guy. 
~ Jean Grey, X2. 


Never place your happiness in other's hand no matter how much you love them, and be happy just by being you.
~ A friend, I believe. 


To be updated, when there's more. 

Yvonne..

Updated on September 13, 2011. 

No comments: