Sunday, August 15, 2010

Reckless

The other day I was involved in a car accident. 

It was at night, but I thought of using a road which I seldom use but I think I know how to use to get home. Unfamiliar to the road, I tried to do a last minute turn onto a ramp and hit another car coming on. It was definitely my fault and I wondered how the heck I got so idiotic and lost all my rational thinking ability at that very precise moment. It could get very worse off if I lost control and hadn't hit on the brake immediately as soon as I've come to my senses. I regretted over it tremendously, even if nobody was hurt and the damages do not look all that serious (dents, scratches, and so on). Somehow, I felt like a part of me changed too. The way you view things, how a split-second decision could change your life completely, the way you deal with life, and so on. 

I used to watch/listen/read all those "Be careful on the road" stories. I took note of it, but didn't really take it all that seriously. Now, after a very hands-on experience, I can only be grateful that I was really lucky at that time, ie, no one was hurt. But I can't help thinking what if I didn't have that chance to be lucky?...

...

...

...

I could be seriously injured, or even die;

The family on the other car (parents and a child) could have gotten even worse.

It's really a terrifying set of what-ifs. In my case I'm more terrified of anything happens to that other car rather than myself. I don't think I can live with such guilt. 

For me, that was a really major accident. It was the worst accident I've ever encountered. And I pray, dear God, please let it be the last serious accident that I ever encounter. 

Once again, be very careful on the road, because,

you will never know how bad it could get. 

Yvonne..

2 comments:

K3llY'ing said...

OMG ! Girl, you gotta be more careful on the road. Lives were taken away in just a split second there.

Am glad that nothing too serious happened to both other driver and you. But, be sure to stay alert always on the road, aite'? Hope you'll recover from the shock soon. =))

Yvonne said...

Yeap, I will, thanks =)